Monday, June 21, 2010

Playing with Color

I cant be put into a box or easily defined. My likes in style and hobbies are vast. One day Im drinking hot tea and listening to classical music (I love Chopin) and the next I'm blaring country while shooting guns.



I'm the same way when it comes to quilts I love traditional, modern, funky...OK I'm quilt obsessed. But I have been trying to get more bold with color...at least in some of my quilts because I always play it safe.



So I pulled out some scraps and got to work. (I keep them in vases so I can always see them in the studio) Which is finally more than a corner but more on that later.

Heres what I got so far:



What do you think? I love how scrappy they are and they are anything but safe:)

Happy Sewing,
Maranda

PS: A quick picture of the blocks the kids and I made. Its coming along and quickly becoming a favorite.

6 comments:

  1. you are making great progress on the quilt blocks you made with your kids. these bold fabrics you are working with are looking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scrappy blocks look great - sweet and summery!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty way to use the scraps. I also keep my scraps in a vase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of keeping your scraps in a vase, now if only mine would FIT into a vase,LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blocks. I understand what you mean about moving out from your color comfort zone. I have to keep reminding myself not to be afraid of color. No matter how hard I try, there is always hesitation. Take care!
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NNIICCEEEEEEE the scrappy blocks are fantastic!! And the kiddos will love the quilt your making from their blocks.

    Didn't I tell you Ryan saw the pics of Lizzy and said that Lizzy looked like her?? Ryan wants to come play with Lizzy.... :-)

    ReplyDelete