Sunday, February 21, 2010

Friday Night Sew-in

Happy Sunday to you! I hope everyone is having a relaxing day. Strangely I am. I'm catching up on blogs while enjoying hot tea. I share a house with a 5 yr old and a 3 yr old, so this is a rare moment. Right now JJ is playing video games and Lizzy is taking a bubble bath, which she does 2-3 times a day but I got her to quit going to bathroom in her pants just so she could take a bath, now she says "Mom can I take a bath since I didn't go in my pants" Too funny.

Friday Night Sew In

I had so much planned but Friday was a day from hell for me. First I locked my keys in the car and then my bank denied my check at Walmart because they wanted me to verify my account. Now its embarrassing when this sort of thing happens, but its horrible when you have the money. I still don't understand why they didn't just call or send a letter or something, freezing my account seems a little extreme. With all this I didn't get to sewing until 10:30pm.

Here's what I did:












I even had vintage thread.

And here it is. Beautiful, right? I found this quilt at a thrift store for $5. I was truly happy. I also cut circles, tutorial coming soon.

~Maranda

7 comments:

  1. yes it is beautiful, great find :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny about the bubble bath! That was so long ago at our house that I just smile remembering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter likes bubble baths too - she calls it "snow" instead of bubbles. What a great quilt find for $5! I didn't get to sew Friday night, but made up for lost time on Saturday. Love the vintage thread. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this vintage find. You really scored! I enjoyed reading about you in the post below and laughed when I read that you don't like to touch the side of the bag of chips and popcorn. I do quirky things like that too!

    Thanks for entering my giveaway!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love finds like that! It is so cute! One year I had my bankcard canceled four times due to some glitch in their system where they thought my card number may have been compromised. I appreciate them protecting me but I swear I found out every single time when I was at the store trying to buy a gallon of milk. Come on, I've got a phone people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA Jandi that's right, exactly how I felt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you were able to find some time for yourself after what sounds like a truly miserable day!

    That quilt is truly beautiful! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete